WHO WE ARE: This mobile Church reaches out to homeless men, women and children with Christian Ministry, prayer and Bibles. Other shared items given out are, but not limited to: foods, clothes, shoes, socks, ball caps, hygiene items, underwear, towels, wash cloths, blankets, sleeping bags, tents, assorted cold weather gear, given as available. This privately funded ministry is very appreciative of any and all donations for distribution, or donations for fuel for the delivery of the aforementioned donations and/or shared items.
NEEDED ITEMS for DISTRIBUTION: PLEASE REMEMBER SMALL ITEMS FOR EASE OF CARRY Bibles (King James version preferred), new socks, new underwear and ladies undergarments, clean used clothing, ball caps, gloves (work and cold weather), knit caps and scarves, jackets, sweaters, shoes, t-shirts, sweat shirts & pants, toothbrushes with covers, toothpaste, dental floss, toothache kits, Ambesol, deodorant, combs, brushes, nail clippers & nail files, first aid creams, Vitamin C, Multi-Vitamins, camping items, sleeping bags, tents, tarps, air mattresses, camp cooking items, bug sprays, small flashlights w/ assorted sized batteries, playing cards and assorted sized candles.
NEEDED FOODS: Cup O' Soup, Ramen Noodles, Granola Bars, fresh fruits, pull top canned fruits and veggies, individual cups of applesauce, pudding & fruits, Vienna Sausages, bags of peanuts, large marshmallows, snack cakes, crackers and other assorted snacks and the like. OTHER MINISTRY NEEDS: 1) Additional Ministry Team(s) for each Central Florida County, employing best practices by the current Ministry Team.
2) Outreach Teams to follow up with one-on-one support of those affected by homelessness, loss of jobs, loss of self worth and the many ways life and satan has of attacking us all, regardless of our station in life. Teams of two men and one woman or, two women and one man are the preferred "Team", however, one man and one woman also works well.
3) A cargo van is needed to transport the many items we carry into the mission field. The four door pick up used currently has become too small, and is beginning to need many items mechanically.
4) Increasing Ministry Partners to assist with the many items needed for month to month, day-to-day ministry to the homeless and those less fortunate.
CURRENT MINISTRY PARTNERS: Karin Murray - Saint Cloud, FL Triumphant Living - Oviedo, FL 3 M Corporation - Oakdale, MN Kids Against Hunger - Lk. Mary, FL Northland Church - Casselberry, FL Banta Specialty Converting - Oakdale, MN Holopaw Homeowners Inc. - Holopaw, FL Westgate Tabernacle - Palm Beach County, FL Florida Corvette Association - Volusia County, FL Assorted individuals - St. Cloud, FL Church of God
GOALS: 1) To increase efforts of sharing with those that need Christ, and are willing to understand and accept His will for their lives on earth, and the hereafter.
2) Ensuring supplies are available each month to meet the needs of those we visit, that may be homeless and/or needy.
3) Regeneration Ranch - An approximate 100 acre, working ranch, where individuals and families can regenerate their lives, prior to re-entering society and/or the workplace. Regeneration Ranch would be a Regional Asset for governments & private organizations, becomming known to many as a hand up, (not a hand out) for spiritual, mental and physical improvements.
It has been stated there are approximately 10,000 homeless in the tri-county (Seminole, Orange, Osceola) area. However, with the hundreds of foreclosures (almost monthly) over the summer months of 2010 & on into 2011, it appears likely this number has increased greatly. An answer to lessening & mitigating the overall impact of homelessness on society must be forthcoming, due in part to the numbers of people affected, impacts upon our community resources and the future lives of our children.
A location is suggested to be similar in design, but larger than others such as Hillsborough County, incorporating residential buildings, casitas (small 1 & 2 person huts) and wooden platforms for tents. This is where homeless and less fortunate would have Personal Needs Assessments performed and addressed, customized training delivered, and a long range plan developed. This custom planning process will increase self esteem, improving themselves, in order to be the best they can be for the rest of their lives.
Poverty is increasing at a fast rate, with no relief in sight per the Orlando Sentinel / September 17, 2010, stating, "More People in U.S. Fall Below Poverty Line Per U.S. Census Bureau, and the the recession and long-term economic troubles have pushed the nation’s poverty rate to levels not seen in more than a decade.”
“Those falling below the poverty line likely are full time workers not earning enough to meet their needs or, middle class workers driven into the ranks of the poor by lost jobs or shrinking incomes. The number of people living below the poverty level last year was the largest since the Census Bureau began keeping records in the 1950s’.”
The Daytona Beach News–Journal – September 17, 2010 stated, "Poverty level on rise, as the overall poverty rate climbed to 14.3 percent or 43.6 million people, the Census Bureau said Thursday in its annual report on economic well-being of U.S. households. The poverty rate increased from 13.2 percent, or 39.8 million people in 2008.”
“U.S. Census figures on property were not available at the county level Thursday. An additional 7.8 million people would have been counted above the poverty line if food stamps and tax credits were included as income.” *************************************************************************